Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oh la la...such sweet treasures!

As promised a few photos of my estate sale adventure...

I am just tickled pink, no pun intended, to have found this lovely vintage sewing basket. It even has a tiny little pin cushion attached inside. I believe it to be a shaker basket covered with borcade and satin. Am doing the happy dance, oh yeah!
I have become inspired by Teresa McFayden 's blog on May 12 where she shares her freehand sampler. I thought this basket would be a handy dandy place for my sewing supplies.
A tiny little door knocker, can't you just see it on the front of a journal, inviting you to come in? An adorable strawberry brooch, just too cute
Bling and more bling with some vintage lace
A beautiful old german foil scrap of a pink rose blossom
More vintage german foil...Can you see the sweet little girl on the left?
And a wonderful old spelling primer...
Just look and the aged pages, what stories to tell of times gone bye.
I so enjoyed this day of treasure hunting with my daughter and now it appears my grand daughter is also learning about "old stuff"...in her words, "Grammy don't you just love old stuff"?
A delightful {View} indeed, Catherine

No comments: