Sunday, October 10, 2010

La Vie En Rose...


Monday in Paris and we hop upon Le Metro, line 4 to St Ouen, to spend time at the world famous flea markets.


Guidebook in hand, "Born To Shop Paris", checking out the map to be sure I know where I am, ready set go...

Favorite find, a delightful vendor with wonderful displays of vintage hand carved wooden stamps.  I could not believe my good fortune when I found one with the initials, A and E carved together on one stamp.  I knew at once I needed to buy this for Ali Edwards, as a little teacher thank you.  It was from the 1920's, hand carved, and had wonderful typography...

Window shopping, adore "Le Chapeau", so Coco Chanel

Oh those Frenchies, they have such a sense of design.  Just look at this vignette.

My new car, "Le Citroen"...LOL


Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose

XOXO
Catherine



5 comments:

Cindy Welch said...

FABULOUS

Rose Brier Studio said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip, Catherine. Hope we get lots more photos cuz these are amazing.
Merci
~Marilee

Pamela Jane said...

Gorgeous photos to add to your ROD journal -- or just about any of the wonderful things you make. When I first studied in France in the 1960s, Citroen cars were everywhere, bouncing along on their peculiar springs, their drivers happily picking up hitchhikers like me along countryside roads. But I didn't see any "vintage" models this trip. Lucky you!

Suz said...

Beautiful photos, Catherine. I love the little gift you were fortunate enough to find for Ali Edwards. That will be appreciated. love the look of "your Citroen" It is just you! Looking forward to the rest of our trip!

Terri said...

Oh My! Your photos are wonderful! Makes me want to travel!
Hugs,
Terri