Thursday, January 27, 2011

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

The 52 Week Project continues...


When you photograph a face, you photograph the soul behind it...
-Jean Luc Godard


One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style. 
 ~Author Unknown

52WP is proving to be more of a challenge than I expected.  I was surprised when I realized that placing a self portrait in a photo pool with other wonderful photographers is quite daunting.  Oh my, did my inner critical voice become active with self doubt statements...."you are not_______ or you can't __________
So I find I must stop, breathe and step out with courage and gentleness to self.  I am a beginner, I am learning, it is the journey not perfection.

And so I shall continue and honor My One Little Word...
 Snapshot

Catherine


4 comments:

Rose Brier Studio said...

I really see an amazing expansiveness to Snapshot as your One Little Word. I like your photos. Maybe if you think of all those great b&w snapshots from the 40's & 50's, I'm guessing you like them a-lot with all their imperfections, you'll tell that inner voice to quiet down! I hope so.
~Marilee

Cindy Welch said...

lOVE THE SELF SHOTS, LOVE THE IDEA. MY PROJECT LIFE HAS MAD ME STOP AND THINK ABOUT MY DAY TO DAY LIFE AND HOW I NEED TO BALANCE IT OUT. REALLY HELPFUL.

Suz said...

I so admire you for doing this, Catherine, and really like your snapshots a lot. I can barely look at a photo another has taken of me! Keep letting us see, O Brave Woman! You are a model for us chickens!
Hugs
Suz

Pamela Jane said...

It's good to know who we are, however critically, acknowledging all our inside layers of growth wrapped up into one substantial, unique, quirky, evolving individual. But if we could also see ourselves as others do, from the outside, we'd value that growth for its solid presence today and its ability to support tomorrow. Your one little word "Snapshot" allows you that wonderful perspective. Bring those amazing layers to the surface in your photos, Catherine, and be solidly, courageously you. Go girl!