Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How can it be the last day of September?

September marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn with it's cool air and shorter days. I, for one, am not ready for the changing of leaves and the appearance of pumkins. Too soon, say I!
September is a birthday month for our family with my sweet husband's on the 15th and our daughter, Cristina's on the 17th. Now that Cristina lives in Virgina I send little treats in the mail for her special day. I thought it might be fun to share a few of the little treasures I sent her way.
Cristina's favorite color is light aqua blue... When I was attending Creative Escape in Arizona I found the most wonderful shop, Melrose Vintage, where I found this blue birdcage which I then adorned with seam binding ribbons.

In Seattle at Nancy's Sewing Basket these little buttons were waiting to be found

And I fell in love with this pale pale blue vintage lace from the 1920s...so pretty and delicate. I had such fun wrapping up a package with little treasures for my SweetPea, Cristina.
My{View} with shades of light blue today. What color is in your {View}?
Catherine



1 comment:

Bunty said...

Beautiful treasures Catherine, lucky you!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. :)

Barbara