Sunday, October 4, 2009

Octobre c'est ici....

October, autumn, beautiful harves colors and, of course, Halloween..

I just participated in a delightful swap with the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group called, "Royal Treat Bags". We were to each create a bag/box for our partner worthy of Marie filled with Halloween goodies which could then be used to decorate and create for Halloween. We had to stick to a Halloween color palette and so I chose orange, gold and royal purple. Very different for moi.
Take a peek...

Orange and gold Midori paper with Royal purple Midori velvet ribbon and a deep violet pink ribbon in satin as well.
A lovely velvet rose and some rhinestone bling.

The interior of the box was lined with Dupioni silk, gold braiding and velvet flowers. The picture of Marie has been digitally altered to incorporate the Halloween theme...lol. Look at the spider dangling from her hair.
Later in the week I will share photos of the "Treat Bag" I received from my partner, don't forget to check back and see more Halloween treats.
Catherine





2 comments:

Rose Brier Studio said...

Catherine, I love the creativity. You have made Halloween colors soft & pretty. Your box is lovely and I do love the spider dangling from Marie's do.
~Marilee

Terri said...

Catherine, as you know I have already received this beautiful box and its goodies inside. I just love it and I can tell you made it with love. I am enjoying using many of the items you sent.
Thank you again!