Monday, June 15, 2009

Grandmothers, Mothers, Daughters...

Ditigal pagers: Rhonna Ferrar_Explore, Grunge Overlay K Pertiet

I have recently changed my focus a little when it comes to scrapping, I certainly still use current photos, but more and more I am spending time in our old family albums and creating layouts of our history and heritage.

I think I also mentioned that I have upgraded from Elements 6 to Adobe CS4, quite a leap, lol. So I am revisiting some of my Jessica Sprague digital classes using CS4 to improve my skill level. Thought it would be fun to share a layout with you all...

This LO begins with Mary, my great grandmother, followed by my sweet Mama, Audrie. And then there is a snap of me at HS graduation, followed by my beautiful daughter, Cristina and her daughter Sophia Maria.

The Way I Walk

I see my mother walking

My feet secure

and firm upon the ground,

The way I talk,

I hear my daughter talking,

And hear my mother's echo

in the sound.

The way she thought

I find myself now thinking,

The generations linking

In a firm continuum of mind.

The bridge of immortality

I'm walking -

The voice before me echoing behind.
...Dorothy Hallard


Thanks for sharing My{View}
Catherine

4 comments:

Cristina-Sweet Pea Ink said...

Mama this is so cool! Love it!
xoxo

Helen said...

Meant to stop by and leave a message before about this - I recognise that layout - I took Jessica's class last fall! Love how this turned out, the colors are gorgeous - really suits the heritage photos!

SOINSPIRED said...

I love it! I have the new Photoshop Elements 7, haven't touched it - scary! Two of my hobbies are geneaology and scrapbooking. No time for either these past few years, so I'm happy to see yours.

Hot Tub Repairs Westland said...

Hi thanks for shharing this