Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Les belle fleurs...

I am so enjoying the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group...
My latest swap was to make beautiful flowers out of ribbon, paper, or fabric. I choose to make mine with ribbon. I used Midori silk satin wired ribbon for my flowers. Thes are the flowers I made for the flower swap, they are now all in the mail and I can't wait to see what beauties I shall receive in return. Such a fun...
A delightful blue silver chiffon rose with green satin leaves await her majestyThree pansies composed all in ribbon and attached to another blue ribbon for display.
I wonder if Marie had pansies in her garden at Versailles? I have been fortunate enough to walk the garden at Versaille but do not remember seeing pansies.
""Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.""
Hans Christian Andersen

Catherine

2 comments:

Terri said...

Oooh these are beautiful! You have done a great job on these. The people who get them will be very lucky!

Cindy Welch said...

oh my god these are beautiful. You should sell them, I would totally buy them LOL