Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My love story...

As I continue with Ali's class I am now on week 5, Creating a layout without photos. The focus is on telling the story even if you do not have the pictures to put in the album. While I am willing to try each assignment this one is not my favorite. For me, the purpose of the scrapbook process is using my photos and telling that story. This exercise felt more like journaling one's memories. However, having said that, I must say telling my "love story" was a delightful experience and I do hope one day my grandchildren will enjoy it.

What do you think about scrapping without photos....

XOXO
Catherine

5 comments:

Terri said...

This layout is fab! And how wonderful that you have written down the story. It is invaluable. Your course sounds very interesting.

Beverly said...

I too love having the photos there to help tell the story, but so often those stories that *should* be told don't have a partnering photo. I think this layout will definitely be a treasure to your grandchildren ... after all ... they'll have other pictures to see your love story, but this one to tell it in its entirety.

Cindy Welch said...

Scrappin without photos is really hard for me too. But I did do one nonphoto layout with my 2010 word this past weekend. Have to say hard to get started, but nice when its done. Beautiful story

Jessi Nagy said...

hey hey sweet girl

aawww this is great.
good for you.
hope all is well.
thanks for being a mama to me. sometimes i just need some motherly love looking out for me.
oxoxox,
Jessi

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I don't often do layouts without photos, but I think there is definitely a place for them in my albums. I think it gives the eye a break for one thing. I also include a lot of pages that are just drawings by my daughter or niece or nephew (just slip them into an 8x11 protector), so I guess including the is a form of pages without photos. So often the story we need to tell doesn't include a photo, and instead of using an unrelated photo, we just don't tell the story. I think at least getting the story included is very important.