Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A sewing machine, paper, and thread...oh my!

Like so many in blogland I have signed up for Mary Ann Moss' "Remains of the Day" on line journal class. Now this is not your average ordinary journal, rather it is sewing vintage papers into a collage to create your journal pages. Yes I did say sew...lol. Check out Pam Garrison's journal, "sew beautiful".

Hello baby! This machine has not seen the light of day for years but has sat quietly on a shelf all but forgotten. I truly have never loved "machine sewing" and consequetly always found it to be hard work and challenging. But hey, who doesn't need a good challenge now and then?


Some pretty papers pulled out from my stash...vintage wall paper, sheet music, magazine pages.
A few pages I am working on right now.
And yes, that is little ole me stitching away. Who knew what fun stitching paper could be. Yes I am actually having fun. However, I did let myself get a little side tracked from my assignment for Ali's class. But I will continue to post my layouts as I finish them up.

What are you working on today? Would luv to hear about your projects.

XOXO

Catherine

4 comments:

mary ann said...

catherine your papers are going to make the loveliest pages. isn't sewing paper together fun? WHO KNEW? glad you're enjoying yourself. looking forward to seeing the evolution of your journal!!
thank you for the kind words :-)

Cindy Welch said...

SO BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED. I CANT WAIT TO HAVE CREATIVE FUN IN GREECE

Pamela Jane said...

Catherine, admiring your wonderful pages!! Hope to get started soon on mine!

Sian said...

Wow, this looks like one fabulous class. I wish I could get my sewing machine to sew paper but it refuses. Maybe I just need to be more patient with it? Your journal is going to be beautiful