Monday, June 7, 2010

The Farm Chicks Antique Fair, part 1

The adventure begins...


On Saturday, I arrived one hour before the gates opened and stood in line with close to 1000 other crazy antique hunters.  Just a few friends getting together.
The Antique Fair is held at the Spokane Fair grounds and filled three entire buildings with vendors.
A friendly little hello as we enter the gates
As I walked into the entryway I was greeted by this vintage milk truck with delightful clouds hanging overhead.  A great photo spot.
Just look at this lovely lace covered chandalier.  Wouldn't that be fun to make?
I was drooling over these beautiful pink, white and cream horse ribbons. When I took one of Teresa McFayden's E Zine classes she did a wonderful altered horse ribbon project.  Pretty, pretty.
Loved this old suitcase filled with vintage sheet music, flowers and lace. Yummy!

The fair was wonderful, although as crowded as Disneyland in August.  The crowds were so dense I could not move at times.  But everyone was sweet and made the best of a difficult circumstance. 

Hope you will visit me again as I shall return and share the delightful treasures I manged to find and bring home with me...stay tuned.

Catherine

4 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yes, I was wondering as I read your post what you came home with...so I'll look forward to seeing that. I LOVE that lace chandalier!!!

Glad you had a good time - I would have had a hard time with the crowd! :o)

Connie K. said...

Looks like fun...congrats to your DD for being published..that is soo exciting!
can hardly wait to see all your treasures..

Kateyed said...

Really nice photos, dear Catherine. That looks like so much fun and you took some great pictures. I am anxious to see the treasures!

So your daughter got published! Well deserved!

Hugs,
Suz

Cindy Welch said...

Wow looked soooo fun